barbel bait rig

This is my barbel bait rig.  I did find the idea on the internet but had to make a plan as I did not have the product they mentioned. I went to dischem and found some gauze that did the job. I am very excited to try this else where.

IMG-20140922-WA0009I did get the bigger one as I was not sure what the final product was like. I cut them in half.

IMG-20140922-WA0003

So you then put a dollop of chicken livers in the gauze.

IMG-20140922-WA0008

Fold up the  corners to make a ball.

IMG-20140922-WA0006

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

Then you twist the ball closed and tie it up with some cotton.

IMG-20140922-WA0004

Cut off any excess gauze to make it look neat if you want. I did get a bit lazy and did not cut it off. It did making casting the barbel bait rig go like a dart.

IMG-20140922-WA0007

This is the final product cast out and catch a big barbel. The chicken livers work very well.

IMG-20140922-WA0005

I am looking forward to trying this at Emmarentia dam for some barbel.

One thought on “barbel bait rig”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.