I was reading the Complete Fly Fisherman magazine and I saw these cool blue screws Plastic Anchor. When I was a kid we would once a year go to Kosi Bay for fishing. These would be ideal for anchoring the boat in the shallows. Well for that matter they would be ideal for keeping the tent from flapping away in the south wind. The more I think, the more comes open to where you could use this product. Imagine keeping your boat safe while you explore a dune in Mozambique. Strapping that shade net to the side of your car in the heat of the day while you have a beer and watch the kids playing in the dam.
I fish a lot from my fishingski and stand-up paddle board for bass. Often the water is not deep and I want to just stay in one place while I do a few casts. With the blue screw I can imagine this would be ideal. Having a blue screw plastic anchor I would no worry about having a metal anchor on my boat.
I manage to swap a fishfinder for a job I did many moons ago. This is the site I did http://www.tackle2go.co.za/ glad to see it is still up and running.
I decided to make my fishfinder portable so that if need be I could swop it between boats. The first mission was to get the battery into some water proof container, manage to find a nice size clip lock container. I added some foam on the sides and the top to make sure the battery did not move around. I managed to find a water proof plug system so that I could disconnect the battery from the fishfinder with out having to open the whole box. The next time I am going to silicon the wires through the container and leave the connector loose. The reason for this is that when I attach the connector to the battery pack it sits to high and could easily get broken off.
I mounted the fish-finder screen onto a piece of wood and at the bottom of the wood I stuck some geko feet. This would prevent the screen from slipping around the deck. It works like a champ. I got the geko feet from a material shop and I have found 1001 uses for it, it is the best thing since sliced bread.
The next thing was the transducer, I mounted this in some foam that came from a computer box. I shaped it a bit like a boat, cut out the center to house the transducer. I secured the transducer with some cable ties. Added some rope to the front of the foam and a clip on the front of the rope so that I could attach it to my kayak easily. I cable tied the transducer wire along the rope, so that it would pull the rope and not the wire.
Have a look at all the pictures to get a better idea. This setup works so well for me and I have used it on many boats.