Check out the full story here Taking SUP fishing to the next level!It is catch and release as I don't see a hatch. I would love to try this sport for some bass fishing.
Man this kind of stuff is fun
- The wreck off Mtunzini. There is a wreck off Mtunzini about a km offshore, it is just north of the river mouth. I did once fish the wreck from a ski boat and as the waves went past part of the wreck became exposed. For me there is something scarying about fishing near a wreck. My plan is to paddle from the parking lot in the lagoon to the mouth and then from there paddle out to sea. The other option is to get a lift on a boat which I think might be better.
- Hemmingways. Always been a dream of fishing in the clear Kenyan waters and catching sailfish on fly. The wives can also have a good time there.
- Mozambique (again). I think I could spend many moons here fishing the waters. Mozambique has got some most amazing coastline and some very good fishing. Not to mention the captain and coke.
- Sodwana (again). Find a mate and go and paddle to the reefs early in the morning and catch some king fish. Who's in?
- Zimbabwe. I hear the bass fishing is awesome, and there are big tigers in the river below the dam wall.
This is one of the really nice parts of being on a kayak, you are so quiet that you do not scare nature and you feel like you are part of it.
We have a few second hand skis that are available. All the skis have been checked out.
- Supalite 2006 model -suitable for someone around 5 ft 10 tall. Two tone blue deck and light grey hull R3000-00
- Supalite 2007 medium blue deck with a white hull suitable for someone around 6 ft tall. R3200-00
- Duo- old shape 2009 model. two tone blue deck with a white hull. ski in excellent condition. Adjustable leg lengths R6500-00
- Erics double fishing kayak- Red and yellow deck and a white hull. R3500-00.
- Evolution 495 – demo condition.Light grey deck with a carbon kevalr hull and fish box.An excellent buy. R8000-00. fixed or adjustable foot length
- Evolution 465 grey and red hull and deck. fixed or adjustable foot length. R6500-00
- Erics Kingy- yellow deck and a white hull.Adjustable leg length. very good condition.R5500.00
Here are a few benefits of fishing off a kayak.
- You get some exercise while being outdoors
- Very quiet, you will be amazed at what fish you sneak up on. Often you will get a fright as they take off next to you.
- You can fish and launch almost anywhere.
- No big fuel expenses.
- Cheaper then a full on fishing boat and you can get up and running rather quickly
- No need for a skippers ticket
- A plastic kayak is almost indestructible.
- No parts that will rust and stop working.
- Able to fish where no bank fisherman can fish.
- Able to fish where bass boats can't get to.
- No need to panic if you go over a few rocks, not like your fiberglass boat.
Please add your comments if you can think of anything else.
Well it is exciting. I am officially listed on the hunterski site as a kayak dealer. Check it out here http://www.hunterski.co.za/cp/6358/hunter-ski-dealersYou have just one month left of Hunterski Kayak Special Launch price of R5900 to be collected from Hunterski. Outside of Joburg there will be shipping fees, give me a shout if you need to know more email@example.com or 083 691 9281 or If you are not quite ready to buy yet. Please fill in your details here to receive a discount code, you can use this code until the end of October 2011. More fishing stories after this ad break 🙂
I got a few bucks for my birthday and the first thing my wife asks me is am I going to buy some more hooks. I said I am not sure. Well I just watched a video for the Halco hammer and I must say I think I am going to buy me one of them. I am big into art lure fishing and cannot resist the casting into a swirling mass of fish on a feeding frenzy. The water is boiling as the big fish are attacking the bait fish and the birds are diving in a hope of getting some scraps. Often I get so besides myself I will end up with a bunch in my line or something will go wrong and I will miss the action. It is a helava job to stay calm and focus on what you are doing. When you cast and are busy retrieving that lure and you can see it skimming along the surface going through the mass of bait fish and the big fish come up and gulp it down. That is one huge rush. You get hooked and the reel starts screaming as the fish races off. You scream because you are just all part of the crazy excitement. Wow I am getting goose bumps just writing this.With art lure and fishing it is not always like that. Often I will be casting because it looks like a spot that could have some fish in it. I do that a lot at Sodwana. I will walk up and down the beach and just cast over the waves. I feel that also has it own bit of excitement because you never know what will happen. I must say that 90% of the time I come up blank but that 10% is just so much better I keep coming back for more. I also think my imagination has a very large role to play in why I think fishing is so exciting. When I end up at a fishing shop and you see all the lures I just can't help myself and think about the fishing and what I might catch and how. But hey that is all part of it and I would not like to give it up and I hope to pass on that excitement to my kids. Until next time enjoy the fishing and your local tackle shop, I know I am.
I did mention in my intro that I am a big bass fisherman. My
introduction to bass fishing started on the farm in Eshowe. We where
lucky enough to have a dam just down the hill from us. So we would
walk there offten and do a quick spot of bass fishing in the
afternoon. The dam was fed by a spring so the water was rather clean.
It did have king carp in it that was also great fun to catch. The
other fish was tilapia, there where a few species. We would catch them
using meliee pap.
close to Pietermaritzburg. He had a dam on the property that he wanted
to stock. Lucky he was a very keen fisherman so he got to know the
locals fast and find out the dams he could fish in. I would come and
visit him we would go to some really cool dams and catch lots of bass
and keep some to put in his dam. He managed to buy a boat and that
also opened up the spots we would fish from. One of the bigs things I
love is fishing from a boat. You are just able to explore so much more
and get to places your would not normally be able to get to from the
bank. The fishing sessiond would be such fun with heaps of banter and
abuse on the boat. There would be lots of cheers if you got a strike
and landed a fish. I miss the fishing in richmound and think I need to plan a trip down
that side of the world for a good bass fishing trip.
Know of someone who needs a fishing ski, canoe, surf ski or just anything that floats?
Saturday 2nd of July is our annual winter clearance sale….Stealth will be having a second hand clearance sale! We have over 30 different types of fishing kayaks, surf skis, river canoes and more for sale. Some are priced as low as R500…..We even have second hand paddles, life jackets, fishing reels, fishing rods and more….Come in and see what we have because this is a first come first served sale…Starting at 8am on the Saturday morning and no earlier…Good news for all of you not in Durban, our resident Sea Ape will be running the stock lists and details of all products on our website homepage which you will see live and updated as it happens… A special email account firstname.lastname@example.org will be available from 8am to 1pm. It will then be closed. So for those who do not venture into the store go on line from 8 am and buy from him… remember it is all on a first come first serve basis and if you like , you pay, you send proof and he reserves it before anyone else tries to get it!!! For online members this is how it will work. Check the stock on the website; be fast to send an email with the subject “I would like to reserve these items for payment”. I will immediately send a confirmation. You will have 10 minutes to send a proof of payment to reserve your purchase. Any later and it goes back on the market. SO NO DIDDLE DADDLING! We will also not reserve the same item for any online user more than once.